Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Marketing, zee Germans, and a message for the children.

I'm in a big of a strange mood this afternoon as a write this. Neither good nor bad, just kind of quorky. sp? I think I may have chewed too much gum.

Monday:
Morning- meeting with Keith and the Forum ZFD (referred to normally as THE GERMANS).
Noon- Visit to Green School- Drita (SEE PICTURES BELOW)
Afternoon- Meeting with Webdesigner to go over new suggestions.
Evening- went with Ilir to the same bar where the salsa night was. There was a band playing kind of acoustic rock... every song was my *favorite* song ever. -- They did play Layla, which really is my favorite song ever.

Tuesday [today]:
Morning- write article for local paper about Drita Primary School.. apparently I'm channelling McLean and his mad journalism skills.
Afternoon- Visit to Green School- Mirchev Acev
Evening- a run and pilates.. slleeeepp

Wednesday:
Morning- drive at 7:30 to Struga [2.5 hours]
Spend day in the schools there that I've mentioned: half alban german ian half macedonian. USAID is building a fence and installing a new surveillance system. The Germans [there's really only one at this organization, but their title is confusing to the macedonians, and i like this title better anyway] are holding focus groups to decide what still needs to be done.. perhaps holding a competition for the students' suggestions.
Evening- drive back [2.5 hours]
Evening Evening- Salsa dancing (If I'm awake)

Thursday and Friday- Finishing Project Profiles for Green Schools. I'm beginning to think I should have gone into marketing. or design or something. It's seems to be not only what I'm good at, but I'm interested in. I think it's because it's a creative job without having to think about words... I like moving boxes around. Not so big into writing in the boxes.

Mood: very productive.

I need to start reading about identity mapping and brush up on my mediation skills since I'm supposed to assist in a workshop for students who are being trained to be mediators. I'm not sure my years in Gastineau Elementary and SSRM/CDC in high school qualify me as the best trainer in these areas, but it's all professional development, right?

I've also gotten an incredible head start on not on my big IDIP paper due spring quarter, but also my Fulbright application due in October. I realize that this is a bit ridiculous, but i have time.. Something that seems to disappear in Seattle... oh Moe Bar, how I miss you. Just kidding, kids. Don't drink.

Have a good one, my virtual friends. I'm off to make chicken and reorganize [this action allows me to feel productive, without actually putting any effort into anything].

<3 T$

No comments:

Post a Comment