Friday, November 20, 2009

Greetings!

Hi all!

Welcome to my newest travel blog-- following my time in Skopje and Struga, Macedonia during the Winter months of 2010!
I am going through Seattle University's International Development Internship Program, affectionately, IDIP, and will be working with PEP, a USAID sponsored program working in education... the next post is some background information about the program as well as a bit more detail about what I (the intern) shall be doing while there...

Other than working, I look forward to learning more about the former Yugoslavia, hopefully traveling around a bit and getting to know a new and exciting country and culture! i will keep this updated as much as I can, but I have no idea about the internet situation, etc, so we'll see.

Timeline wise, I'm leaving Seattle on the 6th of January for a glorious week in Berlin, then off to Skopje on the 15th. Then I have a week off at the end of my time- hopefully either traveling around FROY (former republic of yugoslavia) or going to Turkey (fellow Sullivan Lauren will be in Istanbul and I'm obsessed with Turkey).

I think that's about all I know for right now. I'm excited. I'm nervous for living alone in a strange culture. I'm terrified of going somewhere where the native language is not English or German. BUt I think it will be good for me- boundary pushing. :)

in peace and in love,
Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment